Pages

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Past and Present Reflections

While browsing the blogs I frequently visit, I noticed slskenyon had posted a numerology/tarot year in review sort of entry, which got me curious about my past and future. The way to get your card is to add the digits of your birthday and the year in question. So, as my birthday is July 18th, and it's 2007, I would add 7+1+8+2+0+0+7 which equals 25, then add those two digits until I get a number between 1 and 10. My number for this year is 7. Get it? Which translates to a Tarot card. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I figured I'd start with last year.

2006 - Card The Lovers VI
"Desire, new lover, relationships, physical attraction, love, sex, commitment.
The Lovers can symbolize that a new love is going to enter your life even if you can't see where from - you're in for a surprise. This is a card that symbolizes an importance choice that could affect the rest of your life. The Lovers symbolizes a choice between duty versus your heart's desire, take a risk and it could lead to greater happiness and emotional fulfillment, stay dutiful and life will remain the same"
VERY interesting, it was in 06 that I moved to PG, making a choice which probably saved my relationship with Brad (since I was miserable in Rosetown), and definately made it stronger.

2007 - Card The Chariot VII
"Triumph, movement, change, self-belief, assertiveness, good news
The Chariot symbolizes conflicts ending in victory, so advises sustained efforts if in a current struggle or facing one, as you will win in the end. This card also heralds unexpected good news and represents self reliance and belief in your own abilities. Travel and change is indicated by The Chariot as well as representing a vehicle - if in a favourable position it could mean you'll get that car you've been wanting!"
I'm gonna say bang on with this one so far...especially the change and struggle and travel.
Anyway, there we are. Interesting to look back a little. If you're interested, the web page I got the write ups from is http://www.free-tarot-reading.net/meanings/index.php seems to be a pretty comprehensive page.
Also interesting is that the rules that I followed don't seem to make a lot of sense since there are 22 cards in the Major Arcana in Tarot...including the Fool which is card 0, up the the World at #22. So...um...yeah...I guess it's a good thing that this is just for a bit of fun rather than anything deep and meaningful.

No comments: