Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2007

El Great Big Moose-oh

Something I've been meaning to blog since Tuesday is the giant moose in Moose Jaw. Now, I'm most definately a fan of the "world's biggest"s and I suppose being in Moose Jaw a giant moose just makes sense...but it still seems maybe just a little cheesy. Especially when driving into town and on a road sign advertising Tim Hortons the directions say "5 min away. Turn right at the Moose". I mean, those are pretty good directions since it's hard to miss a massive moose...but still. As I was driving though, I kept wondering if I had missed the turn for Tim Hortons. I had never seen the moose before and was wondering just how big this moose is. I always sort of assumed it was a lifesized moose, seeing as moose are rather large to begin with. Then I saw it and felt rather silly for thinking it would be merely "average sized". So, for fear of seeming overly touristy (which was already a risk due to my BC license plates), I just pulled around the parking lot of the moose and took a picture from my car. I would have balanced the camera ontop of my car and done a timer-pose, but alas, there is a chainlink fence (not proportionate to the moose, I might add) around the moose, preventing tourists and vadals from getting near him. (side note: I understand it used to be anatomically correct but the "correct bits" were removed due to constant vandalism...Let's just say I have mixed feelings about that)
(Also, I'm not sure what's wrong with the ankles on the moose...maybe they're getting painted)

No comments: