Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mostly just stuff...

I've been busy. Seriously. It's strange to go from having virtually no social life to still having no life but being busy with that lack.
Yesterday was an especially good day. As a Friday at work, the focus was simply on getting through the day and getting home. But luckily the day didn't drag too terribly.
I got a new windshield for my car (*cough*$330!*cough*cough*), but the sting on my pocketbook was lessenned by a substantially larger tax return than expected.
I also received the order I had placed from Victoria's Secret...a pirate-esqu bikini and zippered hoodie! I'd been waiting anxiously for the package to arrive for a couple of weeks now, and to actually receive it was a delightful surprise.
Yet another pleasant surprise in the mail yesterday was a postcard from Maureen! It was sent from Greece. It still makes me giggle when I get postcards from my friends travelling overseas because it seems the mail never arrives before the person returns to Canada. For instance, Maureen came home to Canada earlier this week. But it totally brightenned my day.
Speaking of delightful surprises in the mail (this seems to be my lucky week for mail!), I also received a package from Mare with a CD featuring albums from Lilly Allen and the Wreckers. Definately looking forward to ripping it to my iPod for the drive to Regina on Tuesday! OOh, she also included Passion tea, which is my FAVORITE herbal tea, and one I haven't been able to find anywhere for a long time! (after opening the package, I promptly boiled the kettle and enjoyed a cup).
On the not so wonderfully positive side, sometime around the start of the week my eye began to get all itchy and red looking and finally on thursday I decided to bite the bullet and go to the doctor and get it checked out. Apparently there is quite the shortage of doctors taking patients in Swift! It's ridiculous. I ended up getting an appointment with a woman who seemed to be Russian and was relatively difficult to understand. (when she said "eyedrops" it sounded much more like "eardrops") Beyond the speach barrier, she was kind of bitchy, and not dressed particularly professionally to boot, so I don't think I'll be going back to her. Oh, but it turns out apparently I have conjunctivitis...AGAIN. Seriously! Who gets pink eye TWICE!?
Last night was a surprise Bridal Shower for Brenda, (Brad's Dad's Fiance). It was a lot of fun actually. Brad's uber-conservative grandmother gave Brenda a black lacy thong! She said she did it because no one would expect it from her! When I told Brad he busted up...and then was still laughing a hour later. It was a really cute party, and so sweet to think how everyone has come out to help celebrate the wedding with everyone. It made me a little sad and very envious to see it. Wedding season is most definately in full effect at this point and while I try to be irritated by it and hate the concept, every now and again the true sappy romantic part of me cracks through the hard shell and makes me (dare I say it?) yearn for that myself. Oh well...only 5 more months of wedding season (prolonged this year due to an October wedding...pretty sure the only reason it's set for October is to draw out the agony of wedding season just a little bit more...ugh...I mean YAY!)
I was an idiot at the party though and had a cup of coffee without thinking about it and thus, when I went home I couldn't for the life of me sleep. I tossed and turned until 1:30. Seriously. Which wouldn't be a big deal, but I had to work this morning. At 4:30. Yup. Three hours sleep? Awsome. I'm pretty bagged, and have resigned myself to the fact I will be having a nap this afternoon.

No comments: