Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Books!!

It seems I've resorted to following in Mare's footprints (aka flat out copying her on her last blog topic). Yesterday I went to Coles, as alas, there is no Chapters in Swift Current. Luckily, the affiliation means a more than adequate variety of books to browse. I hadn't intended to buy any books right now, but when I went into the store, the first thing I noticed was a wall of hardcover books with deliriously cheap sale prices on them! One particular trait I have inheritted from my mum is the ability to easily justify the purchase of books...especially those on sale! I bolstered my summer reading list by picking up The Divide by Nicholas Evans (author of the Horse Whisperer), and Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy. The Divide is hardcover, and Whitethorn Woods was hardcover sized paperback...I guess Tradesize, but it seems bigger than that to me. But anyway, they were 7.99 and 5.99 respectively!
Currently I'm in the midst of jPod by Douglas Coupland. Working the Sunday morning shift is excellent for catching up on my reading! I intend to continue this afternoon too and hopefully will get close to the end of jPod...which doesn't seem impossible since it's a fairly quick read anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you like Douglas Coupland, you should read Eleanor Rigby by him next. It's quite enjoyable.