Pages

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Mission "Fantastic Weekend" = Success!

I have successfully had one of the most relaxing weekends in a looooong time. Brad and I got up after a little sleep-in yesterday morning and had (what Mare and Jer refer to as) a 5 star breakfast, following which we went a did a little shopping and then headed out to Lac Pelletier. The sun was out, there were very few clouds in the sky, and I went straight to the beach where I stretched out on a towel and began to read. I purposely "forgot" to put sunscreen on my legs so as the get SOME color on them. I'm tired of being the girl on the beach who's that scary shade of white. Turns out it takes 2 hours in direct sunlight followed by another 2.5 in moderate sunlight for my legs to even BEGIN to burn. My upper body however, will burn in 2.5 hours of direct mid-day sun even with a 30spf. Good to know.
We stayed out until 11 oclock (after supper and fireworks...the most important part!) when we both felt so drained it was necessary to come back in.
It was a horrendously hot night though and I had a terrible sleep. We got up this morning though and went out to the lake again.
This time Brad, Nick, Kim and I went fishing. It was alright. I can't remember the last time I did any casting fishing. In fact, I think I've only done it once before. And this was the first time I've used live bait (except that one time ice fishing). I caught a few perch but we weren't keeping any. It was also the first time I've ever touched a fish. That's a new feeling...I don't really like doing it because I feel like I'm hurting the little bastards. Which makes me wonder why I fish at all, since I can't imagine it doesn't hurt them when they get a hook caught in their mouths and I start yanking on it. Oh the inner turmoil.
Afterwards it was back to the beach for a little more sun, but it was hotter than hell today and Brad and I both got sleepy and dehydrated feeling...despite the four bottles of water consumed in as many hours.

1 comment:

*M* said...

awwwwww that sounds awesome.
from one pale girl to another, i feel your pain!