Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Monsoons?

Last night after the fair, Brad and I got home at 11 oclock and I fell asleep pretty much immediately, but I woke up at about midnight. There was a storm raging outside! The wind was blowing branches from the trees all over the parking lot. I was actually quite afraid the tree in front of our apartment was going to topple.
The sheets of horizontal rain started next, with lightning. Finally it got close enough to hear the thunder.
~
~
This morning, I looked out our balcony to see what had happened. The parking lot was covered in pieces of trees. Not just a few brances, entire chunks of trees!

~
This branch could have come through our window
~

There used to be a big yellow sign that said "Wheatland Mall"
Brad and I went for a drive this afternoon to see the carnage around town. There was actually one car with a tree crushing it.
It was the craziest storm I've ever seen.

1 comment:

*M* said...

im scared for you, please come back to BC where there may be fires and flooding, but not so much the scary wind! great pics though