Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Another Perfect Sunday

Yesterday morning Vassy sent me a text asking if I had plans for breakfast. We opted for BP's as it was a beautiful sunny day and they have a patio. While we sat and basked in the sun we decided it was definitely a beach day.
Before heading out to the Sask Landing, we stopped by Wal-Mart so I could grab an airmattress. Apparently summer is officially over at Wal-Mart as they have replaced their summer fun section with SCHOOL SUPPLIES!!!
Luckily Canadian Tire recognizes the sun was still shining and hot and beach season is really only beginning. I grabbed two air mattresses.

It's a good thing I'm a bit of a wind-bag!

The Landing was perfect. Sunny, not too busy, warm, the water was cool but not chilling. Vassy brought lots of trashy magazines and we relaxed and soaked up some sun. I didn't realize how much sun I soaked up though and my legs (particularly the upper thigh area) are an angry read color, reminiscent of a lobster. Sigh.

When we got back to town shortly after 5, Brad had gone grocery shopping, tidied the house, and had a huge supper ready to bbq for us! Vassy brought an amazing cherry-pie-cake for dessert (I over-ate at supper and had to have some later on as a bedtime snack), and we watched Miss Universe while we ate. I don't think I need to say anything else about THAT.

1 comment:

*M* said...

looks like a perfect day. just practicing for when we hit the beach right? ;)