Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The unwashed masses

I have joined those masses in their filth and grossness. Ok, so it's not that bad yet, but I definitely feel disgusting. This morning at 3:30, I dragged my sorry ass out of bed and went to the bathroom for my morning routine. Upon turning on the shower, I noticed the water pressure was pretty much non-existent. It just sort of trickled out of the tap. Fearing the worst, I went to the rest of the taps in the house and discovered they too had no pressure. So I went downstairs, nervous at what I might find: water all over the floor, a smoking water heater, a burst pipe somewhere, a strange homeless man sulking in the corner, thirteen ghosts having a siesta (I have a strong imagination, especially at 3:35am). Thankfully, none of my worst nightmares were there. In fact, there was nothing out of place and not a drip to be found. So I did what any self-reliant independent young woman would do in this situation: I woke up my boyfriend. Brad obligingly got up and went downstairs to look for himself. Upon seeing exactly what I saw (nothing) he determined it was the city's fault. That might actually be true; they were digging three blocks down from our house yesterday, so it's totally plausible that something was damaged. We determined there wasn't a damned thing to be done about it, so I did exactly what I wanted to do when I had woken up 10 minutes before: I went back to bed for another 20 minutes of sleep and later washed in the sink as best I could, put on extra deodorant, a dash of perfume, and put my greasy hair up in a ponytail.
A good solid shower will be very very welcome later today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you stank today. Hope you get your water issues fixed by tomorrow morning. NO SMELLY CO-HOSTS!!!