Pages

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Frontier Days and Canada Day

Alright, it has been long enough and now it's time for a recap of the past few days.
Let's start with Frontier Days (remember, it's pronounced Frawn-teer, not Frun-teer). First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for their valuable suggestions in dealing with the wonders of the fair and the multitudes of Carnies. As it was, we didn't have any problems, and I gorged myself on fair food anyway (whoops).
The weekend was absolutely beautiful, sunny, hot and wonderful. Brad and I went to Nick and Kim's to watch the parade. Darlene and her friend showed up, and Kim's family was there as well to take in the fun. It was great to just sit on the lawn and watch all of the floats go by. I'm such a sucker for parades! Afterwards we went for breakfast and then Brad, Kim, Brett and I headed down to the fair. We got bracelets for the rides ($37!!!) and I was determined to get my money's worth out of it!

We went on the Swings
~

Brad fed the goats in the petting zoo
~ We went on the bumper cars (which I am officially too tall to ride, judging from the way my knees stuck out)
~Kim and I went on the Ferris Wheel
~It wouldn't be a fair without a ride on the merry go round
~

And then it was off to the saloon where we had a couple of drinks and Vanessa and I danced in the dirt with no shoes on.
~
Back to work on Monday and, since it was the night before a day off I wasn't worried about staying up way too late (who needs a regular sleep pattern anyway?), and so we went off to Clearwater Drive-In to see Ironman. I've gotta say, I love the drive in! The seats in the Escape were not terribly comfortable, it was really hot and humid in the truck and we had to open the windows which let in the hoards of mosquitoes which devoured my legs, so I covered them with a blanket and was way too hot. I was really really sleepy and had to force myself to stay awake. But despite all that, it was a lot of fun! Plus the popcorn kicked ass!
Yesterday was Canada Day and I was determined to do something fun, so Brad, Brett and I went for lunch and then headed off to the Saskatchewan Landing to play in the water and relax by the river. It was exactly what I felt like doing! I may have gotten an ever-so-slight-sunburn on my stomach and knees (of all places), but my legs actually look like they have a little color now, and I didn't burn too bad, so I'm happy!
The other great thing about a stat holiday is the short work week that's left. So glad it's Wednesday!

No comments: