Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

20 Years in the Making!

It took us twenty years, but Vassy and I managed to realize our dream of going to a New Kids on the Block concert! The show was last night in Saskatoon and we managed to wrangle floor seats at the 35th row! I was so thrilled to get the chance and even though we were a ways back, it all ended up totally worth in!
After a few fantastic songs, complete with retro dances to their well known old songs (ie The Right Stuff), the guys ran around the outside of the floor area to the sound board where a piano was uncovered on a rotating stage. The crowd around the stage (Vassy and I included) screamed and reached to touch them. Wrapped up in the excitement of the crowd, I may have screamed "I LOVE YOU DONNIE!!!" with my hand outstretched trying desperately to make my arm grown that extra foot to touch one of their hands. No luck though. But I did manage to get some fantastic shots!
I think the best part of their set from the floor was Joey's gold jacket. AMAZING! Haha!!
Before they come out for their final encore, Vash and I started a chant of "STEP BY STEP!!" to which the entire crowd joined in. The boys (men?) obliged! For the finale of Hangin Tough each guy was wearing a personalized Team Canada hockey jersey. Cheesy? Absolutely! But tell me, what about a boy band doing a comeback tour 15 years after their breakup isn't cheesy?!
AMAZING.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm comletely and utterly jealous. No sarcasm. Glad you had fun! That jacket really is solid gold!

*M* said...

OMG you are awesome!! I can't wait for the show tonight:) And might I add, who's a hottie? YOU TWO!!!