Pages

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Calgary!!

I made a trip to Calgary this past weekend to man a booth at a career fair on Sunday. Yes, it does make for a long week of work, but the perks FAR outweighed the resulting tiredness.
First and foremost, I stayed at the Hyatt. I first had an inkling that I was outclassed by this hotel when the bellhop (yes, there was a bellhop), asked if I wanted to park myself or have valet take care of it. I opted to park myself. Then the elevator went to the 15th floor so fast my ears popped. Then I entered my room.
-In case you're wondering, yes, it's a king-
-The view from my 15th floor room-

I left my things on the floor so as not to contaminate the pristine richness of the room, and met my friend Leah outside. We worked at the Twin in Smithers back in 2004 bartending and drinking frequently. We enjoyed playing little games with the drunkards and convincing them that no only were we twins, but we were lesbians too! Imagine the luck! We haven't seen each other in four years, so it was fantastic to finally meet up with her again. If that wasn't fun enough, we went to IKEA!! OMG!!First we tried to get food. I got confused and had just asked "what do I do?!" when I looked up...
Then we shopped. And shopped. And shopped. Leah had wanted tealights and napkins and left with pillows, pillow cases, cutting boards, tealights, and napkins. I wanted curtains. I left with curtains, curtain rods, pillows, pillow cases, sheets, paper lamps, a laundry hamper, cutting boards, and scrub brushes. Whoops!We went back to Leah's apartment where I met her fiance Warren who is an awesome guy. Seems to be pretty much unflappable. We chatted until supper and caught up with each other's lives and talked about other people we knew from Smithers and what everyone is doing.The career fair was good on Sunday, and then I hit the roads to come home. It was one hell of a weekend, but really enjoyable all around!

No comments: