Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

Hard At Work, Clearly!

On Thursday, the Department Heads packed into the station cruisers and went for a drive. Our field trip started at the Swift Current Hutterite Colony. I'd never been to a colony before, and it was definitely educational to say the least. Dave and his sister Matilda (seen below to my right) gave us the tour which started in the building where they butcher the chickens. That was a smell that I will never forget, get used to, or likely get out of my hair. We saw the kitchen and dining rooms, a Hutterian home, the machine shop, many cows, many many geese and ducks, and some peacocks (for fun and show, not food).
~
After our tour, we piled into the cruisers again and headed North West to White Bear to visit their famous hotel restaurant. I'm pretty sure that the tourism for the restaurant is the only thing keeping that hamlet viable. We each had a hamburger which was roughly the size of a dinner plate and I believe only one person finished it (I'm looking at you, Ryan!). After our food, the owners came out and chatted and showed us many inappropriate novelty items which delighted and entertained us for a while. One such item was the deer on the wall which comes with a microphone and moves it's mouth when someone speaks into it. Terribly amusing!

~
Right before our trip back to Swift, we stopped at the White Bear in White Bear and took some pictures in front.


Oh how I love a hard day's work!!

No comments: