Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It's done! BIG changes! Yay!

On Tuesday morning I accepted a job as a reporter in Swift Current for CKSW/CJSN! My last day at CJCI/CIRX in PG is February 16th, and I start in Swift on February 20th! (Ironically, a year to the day after my first day in PG...weird...!) I'm so psyched to be moving to Swift and to be living with Brad again and to be, well...out of PG! Ha!
Here's the rundown on Swift, it's in Southwestern Saskatchewan on the #1 Highway (aka the TransCanada) about 2.5 hours west-ish from Regina. Brad is currently in Rosetown which is an hour and a half north of Swift, but he'll be moving there within the month too, so that's a non-issue. The population is around 16-thousand but it's not THAT small...there's a massive WalMart, two malls (small, but malls nonetheless). It's small enough that I'll be comfortable and happy and not too worried about waking up with no tires on my car, but big enough that I'm not going to go crazy.
Now I guess I should start another countdown, but this one is going to be more of a "countdown to the day when I HAVE to have everything done and out of my apartment....eeeeeek!", so I may try not to think about the countdown...afterall, only I've only got 12 work days left.....EEEEEK!
So, to anyone in Swift, I'll see you soon; and to anyone in PG keep in touch; and to all those who live elsewhere...well...I'll see you when I see you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't beleive you're leaving us ! Its going to be Shania up to the news every day until the 16th !!!!!!

*M* said...

u'd better be seeing me soon lady!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jess. Swift Current doesn't know what they're in for. You'll bring your fab pirate style to the praries. Show them what the west coast crew is made of. HARRR.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new job! Who's going to keep up to date on the going's on in PG? Thats 3 people now from the 94X newsroom in Saskatchewn, First Andy Neil then Dan Mackenzie and now you. I hope you will be happy in Saskatchewan and thats so great that you and Brad will be together again! Plus no more Pulp Mill smmmellllll.....