Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Tragically Hip Rocked my Socks!

To put it mildly, the Tragically Hip ROCKED CN Centre last night. It was a fabulous show, as always! I've seen the boys twice and walked away feeling like I was thoroughly entertained for...um...well...at least a couple hours. I don't actually remember how long they played for. My guess is just shy of two hours. Which is impressive if nothing else then for the shere ammount of energy Gord Downie exudes! Heather leaned over and said that the way he moves is exactly like when Mike Meyers plays the hyperactive kid on SNL. And that's it exactly! (Which made me wonder if Mike had see the Hip in concert?). We had decent tickets to start with, in section A, which was directly across from the stage at the other end of the arena, but then, thanks to Heather and Brad, she got 6 tickets from a guy who worked the venue for section V, which is almost exactly side stage. Not a head-on view of the stage, but waaaaaaay closer. It was awsome! The only complaint I heard afterwards was "they didn't play ___...I wish they'd played that one!" Which really, when you think about it, when a band has over a hundred songs, it's hard to get all of them in, and the tour is, afterall, to promote their new album, so there had to be a bunch of new songs in there. Gary's wife, Christina said afterwards that they need to do an "old songs" concert. Which is totally true...just the old ones, the favorites...they ones that EVERYONE loves. But I felt like they did play a good portion of those ones. Afterall, I heard my favorites: Bobcaygeon, Ahead by a Century, New Orleans is Sinking, and Little Bones. All in all, no complaints here! LOVED IT! Whoop Whoop!

No comments: