Pages

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Tag!

I've been tagged by slskenyon, so here we go:

Five things the readers don't know:


I'm terrified of bridges
Yup, it's true. I can't go over a bridge and look over the edge, scares the living *$&% out of me. I don't know why, I haven't had any traumatic experiences on them, and when I was little, to the best of my memory, I had no problem with them. All I can figure is that somehow the fear developed when going over the Hagwilget bridge in Hazelton. It's the highest suspension bridge in north america and is only wide enough for one lane of traffic. The bottom is made of a metal mesh of sorts and does not appear sturdy at all when driving over it. I've walked to the middle before and it looks a little more stable on foot, but it took a lot of personal determination to face that fear. Still scared though.
I hate apples
Weird, I know. But it's true. Hate the taste, hate the smell, hate watching people eat them. I can't explain that one either.
Picky Eater
Ok, so that might not come as a surprise to those who know me, but seriously, the pickiness now is nothing compared to what my parents put up with when I was little. I can detail quite nicely my eating habits for roughly the first five years of my life. There was the Cheerios phase, which every kid goes through, but I literally did not eat anything but cheerios. Then came the raisin toast and tea phase (which, after a doctor's examination, he told my mother I was perfectly healthy and maybe we all should just eat raisin toast and tea). After that was the waffle phase in which all I ate was eggo waffles. my parents would cut them into pie pieces so I could 'pretend' to eat pizza when they were because, for some odd reason, I wouldn't touch pizza. After that came the maccaroni and chicken nuggets phase in which I would also eat plain yogurt. I know. I didn't even take cheese on my maccaroni. And by that time I was probably about 5 years old.

I once had a rat-tail
Yup, remember those, the short haircut with a long tail of hair down the back that were made popular (at least for my generation) by the New Kids on the Block? I did that for a while. It wasn't very long and didn't last very long either, but I figured it was cool....come on, I was 7!
I secretly watch Days of Our Lives
Go ahead, say what you will, but I resisted for a very long time. I was not "raised" on soaps, infact, they were openly discouraged in my house. It was in grade 9. My friends and I would all go to my friend's place for lunch. They were obsessed with Days and made me watch it. Well, they didn't tie me to a chair and force me, but it was difficult not to watch it when they flat out refused to talk to me unless there was a commercial. So I started watching and asking questions and before I knew what had happened, I started talking about it and wondering when everyone would figure out that Kristen was just pretending to be Susan. Now I watch it when I come home at lunch time. But I'm not addicted. I could stop anytime I want to.
Now then, the following people have been tagged (and can participate if they feel like it, but there's no obligation), just fill out your own "5 things the reader doesn't know"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always knew you secretly liked Days but everything else is news. ;)

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean about that bridge in Hazelton! I almost crapped my pants...we even drove over that sucker (as to why, I'm not sure, it's not like there's anything to see in either Hazelton or New Hazelton) but it was good to face my fear of heights!