Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snoop Dogg

I went to the Snoop Dogg concert tonight with Heather, Tynan, Marcus, and Cameron (heather's friends). It was....well...it was....I don't even know what to say about it. We ended up standing in the foyer of CN centre for about an hour...then we went a watched the end of one of the opening performers and then we waited. And waited, and waited for an hour and 10 minutes before the lights went out again and a couple of DJ's started spinning. They went on for around 20 minutes, and we all sort of got the impression they were just there to stall for time. FINALLY, an hour and a half after the openers were finished Snoop Dogg came out and started doing his thing. I don't really know what to say about him...I mean, I'm sure it was really good and all, but I'm not a big fan of rap...the sound seemed kind of poor, but that could be because it was just so loud. And I reek like pot...which is really not a big deal, I'll just febreeze my clothes before throwing them in the laundry hamper...but...well...I guess I can now say that I've seen Snoop Dogg in concert....for whatever that's worth. Ha!

I think the most entertaining bit about the whole thing was the little kids who were there. I saw a kid who couldn't have been older than 8. It was ridiculous. I left really early (around 10:30) and there were lines of parents parked outside waiting to pick up their kids. THAT was a bit of an eye opener for me; I would never have let my 12 year old go to Snoop Dogg! Terrible language, terrible image, not to mention all the pot! I mean, it's one thing to talk to your kids about pot, but it's quite another to send them into an atmosphere where it's impossible to breath without getting high. And then there was the ho-train of ladies dancing on stage behind Snoop. I guess I'm old fashioned, but I know my parents would have absolutely forbidden me from going...then again, I was too busy playing with my Barbies when I was as young as some of the kids there! Madness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You played Barbies until you were 12 years old? ME TOO... Oh wait, that was something dorky about me that I was going to keep to myself... DANG IT!