Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Jessica Visits the Capital City of Saskatchewan!

Today I went to the Legislature in Regina with the "Save Our Schools" lobby group. The group chartered a bus and went to protest with a number of other groups. I had never been to any legislative building before, so I was excited. The rally was the coldest hour and a half of my life as the wind was just whipping through and really really biting. After the rally we went to watch the Question Period and I was ashamed of the people who "represent" us. I don't want those clowns representing me. I wanted to stand up and tell them all they should be ashamed of themselves. There were two MLA's who shall remain nameless (mostly because I'm not sure who they were), who were slouched in their chairs and yelling at each other. Aasa and I had a little chuckle about how "loungy and irritating" they were behaving. Afterwards, there were several scrums, and then we left the building. It was a very memorable day and I took one picture. As you can tell, I was well behaved and very mature in my visit to the Legislative building in Regina.

1 comment:

*M* said...

that's such a great picture!! isn't it crazy how the "elected officials" act in the house? yelling at each other, over each other, not listening to each other...i find it hard to watch, like a painful movie.
glad to hear u had fun:) look at u taking over!