Pages

Monday, March 05, 2007

Back to Blogging...(hopefully anyway)

I would apologize for the lack of blogging as of late, but, well, seriously, it's just been go-go-go-go for the past couple weeks (month actually, but you get the picture).
So let's see...I do have internet capabilities at home, but no desk, making it a little difficult to use the computer at this time, thus restricting my internet use to work time.
Work is going well, I really like the people I here and everyone has been nothing but welcoming and encouraging to me.
My shipment *FINALLY* arrived on Friday afternoon and I'm receiving a $200 cheque from United Vanlines to compensate for the week long delay. I'm still really choked, but it does soften the blow a little and make the move a little bit more reasonable.
Saturday Brad and I spent the day unpacking and setting up the apartment a little more so that when Vince and Shay, and Nick and Kim came over for UFC it would resemble a home. They came over at 6 which was when I had my first beer. Apparently I was a little hungrier than I thought because it went straight to my head and I got all tipsy...the second and third didn't really help that situation...ha! But then I had some supper and dessert and felt sober again. It was a good night except that it went past 11 and I'm lame and was ready to pass out, which I did when I went to bed.
Sunday morning though, we got up bright and early (for a Sunday, that is) at 8:40 to get ready to go to Lac Pelletier with Vince & Shay and Nick & Kim to do some ice fishing. I'd never gone before, so it was quite the experience. I only fished long enough to catch one little bugger and I stopped after that because I always feel sorry for the poor little bastards once they get caught and try to swim away but can't really manage it. But, (girls be proud) I baited the hook myself by actually touching maggots. GROSS...but I did it, and I didn't say a peep about how disgusting it was. Go me!
Brad also took me out on his (blasted) snowmobile....and he let me go out on my own. I hate to admit this, but it was fun. That's all I'm going to say, and you better believe I'm only grudgingly admitting that.
It was a good weekend, but not the nice relaxing-do-nothing-weekend I was hoping for. Luckily, Brad pinky-swore that next weekend will be do-nothing-weekend. Very much looking forward to that, AND to getting back into the routine of talking to my friends who I have lost touch with recently due to lack of internet/time.
Oh, and I guess the most important part of everything is that I'm really really happy here. Swift Current really feels like home, and I'm so happy to be with Brad again. Life is good. (dare I say "Life Makes Sense"?....ha! No, I won't touch that one)

2 comments:

*M* said...

so happy to hear u feel at home there and that life is good!

Anonymous said...

hey there! Glad your getting all settled in, it always takes a few weeks to get organized, sometimes months lol But most of all I am glad you like Swift current! :)