Pages

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Seriously People, it's March!

I'm afraid I'll have to be a little abrupt right now. I went to grab some lunch about a half hour ago and decided to drive back to work on a non-direct route to help get used to this city (it's laid out really weird). On my travels, I went through some residential areas and to my utter awe there was a house with CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS still up. A sleigh and three reindeer on the lawn. I feel that I must point out that it is now MARCH 6TH. Christmas was over 2 months ago. My views on Christmas lights are as follows: decorations may go up on or around December 1st...any earlier is pushing it a bit, but not a big deal (unless we're talking right after halloween...then it's too early). Lights should no longer be turned on after the new year. As far as taking them down, well, it's not a big deal if they're difficult to get to and the weather is bad. I am in no way advocating people injuring themselves in a panic to take down their lights. However if your decorations are on the lawn then there is no excuse for them to still be displayed past January 1st, much less the end of FEBRUARY. I love the holidays as much as the next guy, (probably even more!), but this is just excessive. SO, in closing, if you insist upon leaving your decorations out or are just too lazy to put them away, at least throw a tarp over them. Thank you. (Happy almost Easter)

4 comments:

*M* said...

couldn't agree more!

Anonymous said...

I like to keep my Christmas lights up all year , it saves time come winter . That way I can spend more time listening to Shania Twain

Anonymous said...

People are so lazy... take those lights down!

Anonymous said...

If you're going to leave the Santa up at least be creative about it. Holding a heart on Valentine's Day..shades and a hat during the summer, etc.
And glad to hear everything is settled now.