Pages

Friday, February 16, 2007

An assload of changes

Well...here we are. Today is my last day at CJCI/CIRX. I can't believe it and, to be honest, I'm actually really sad about it. I'm excited to get out of this "limbo" point in my life where I feel like I haven't actually been doing anything, except waiting. Finally, the waiting is over, but... I guess when one section of life is closing it's alright to be sad for it. I've had some fantastic times here, and I want to thank everyone who has made it a memorable and happy time in my life. Mare, Heather, G-lo and Christina, Bill, Jessica, Hartley, and (of course) Pope have all specifically gone out of their way for me, and I hope I managed to tell them all how much that meant to me at the time and continues to mean to me.
I moved out of my apartment yesterday on my lunch break. There was no time for me to think about the leaving. All I had time for was to grab my stuff, vaccuum and give my keys to my landlord. Then Brad and I got in the car and I looked at the building and it struck me that I would never be able to go in again, that I actually didn't have the key to the front door anymore. It was a very weird feeling to realize I don't actually live there anymore. That was a sad feeling too, afterall, I spent 7 months living in that apartment and took pains to make it feel like me.
Well, things change, don't they? It's unstoppable, and definately a good thing. I'm just a little scared for the moment when it all actually really hits me...that i'm moving so far away from my family and that I actually won't be working here anymore...
(ps. this is my 200th post! Thanks for hangin in there!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey jess, ya leaving is very tough, and very sad, people at the station become like your family. I was there for 3 years and its not easy to just leave the people you see every single day, especially when you like where you work. I was teary eyed as I drove away the last time, I felt silly but thats how it is. And Steve Fanning my goodness when i hugged him was like... well i guess i'll never see you again...and he laughed cause he made me cry. So anyway I feel your pain, but you are off to start a new adventure and to be with Brad and I'm sure it will be wonderful!!!