Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"A Town for All Seasons!"

Alright, the long awaited (though if you really were waiting for it, you could have just checked Heather's blog) posting about the weekend Smithers trip!
We hit the road on Friday after work (actually on the road at 2, which was pretty impressive really) with a huge car-load of stuff that I wanted to dump on my parents (I hate moving). Gas was 85.9 in Fraser Lake and I, foolishly, figured that meant it would be at least that in Burns Lake as it's always cheaper, but it wasn't. Boo! We got to Smithers and had a delicious supper of potato pancakes and carrot cake for dessert (thanks Mum and Da!) and then went off to the theatre to visit my bro. He was there with Christie and we had a fun time chatting. (Side note: my brother has gone to the dark side and now says that Ninjas are cooler than pirates. I'm still having a hard time accepting his deviance, but have admitted that, while not nearly as cool as pirates, ninjas are pretty cool).
Heather went to bed when we got home and slept from 11pm - 1pm... Yup that's 14 hours! It was pretty impressive actually! And mum made me poke my head in to her room around 11 to make sure she was still breathing.
When she got up though, we went to Schimmels for some lovely dutch baked goods, surprised Denise at Central Clothing (who was pissed that she was leaving town and couldn't go out with us), then up the ski hill (a drive I had never done myself before, but wasn't so bad), Then on the way down, we stopped at Seymore lake, over to Lake Kathlyn, (with a quick stop at the corner of zobnick and zobnick!), and then to Heartstrings efore going home for supper again.
After dinner we went to the Hudson Bay Lodge to watch Kareoke and met up with my friend Christine. Then we headed over to the Twin. To all you unbelievers out there who think the Twin sucks, Heather loved it! I would like to point out of the four people I have taken to the Twin from out of town, THREE have loved it! Brittany said it was "Orgasmic", Mare had a fabulous time and Heather just loved it (and she wasn't even drunk!). The only one who didn't love it was Brad, but he's not a bar person.

We came home after dancing up a storm and went to bed. I got up at 9:30 and hung out with my Mum again then we had some lunch, packed up the car and left around 2, stopping by Frank's once more to say goodbye before leaving.
Leaving was so hard. I hated saying goodbye to my Mum and Da...and I cried.
On the way home we stopped at the World's Largest Fly Fishing Pole in Houston and took pictures. We're suck dorks! And I (somehow) managed to spill my coffee UP my nose only to land in a splotch on my shirt. I don't know...it's a talent.

3 comments:

*M* said...

oh how i miss the twin! SUCH good times were had there, we must return! don't worry, i share your spilling abilities, remember? maybe wear a dark shirt while driving to swift? just a thought

Anonymous said...

Good ol times at the twin.....sigh...foggy memories.

Anonymous said...

You're not weird! I took my family to the fly fishing rod... and we took pictures as if we were fishing with it!! Very cool... or slightly geeky... it's all good. Happy move and good luck at the new job!