Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2007

UP WITH SLEEP! DOWN WITH MOVING!!

Getting closer and closer to the big day! Moving day! Yesterday after work I packed my car full of crap and the movers came and took away all of my furniture and boxes and all that jazz...so my apartment is depressingly empty now. I spent the rest of the afternoon running errands and cleaning my apartment (check and check) before Heather came over and we had a Valentine's day picnic on the floor of my livingroom (the couch is gone too). One addition to good ole home sweet home is Brad! He came in last night on an Air Canada flight so that I wouldn't have to drive to Swift Current by myself on Saturday. I'm utterly bagged today though. Let me explain: after Heather left (around 8:30, which has recently become my bedtime since I started working the morning shift) I threw in a load of laundry to wash then talked to Brad from Vancouver for a bit. While it was drying, I decided to sleep until 10:30 so I could be at the airport to meet Brad's flight which was supposed to arrive at 11. At 10:25 he called me to tell me that they hadn't even LEFT Vancouver yet and that they might be boarding in 15 minutes, but that was "optimistic". Ugh. So I went and got my clean clothes from the dryer and went back to bed and back to sleep for another hour until 11:30 when I got up and went to the airport. There weren't many people there, and while we were waiting, the lights went off in the terminal. Just to emphasize how late the flight was, I think. Well the plane landed (an hour late) and Brad was exhausted (still on Saskatchewan time and 2 hours ahead). We got back to my apartment around 12:40 or so and inflated the air mattress and crashed. Of course I couldn't fall asleep right away (murphy's law, right?) so by the time I had actually fallen asleep it was probably closer to 1:30 and I had to get up at 3:30. So, let's see, in total last night I managed to get 4 hours of disrupted sleep. I'M SO TIRED today.... but I just have to get through this shift so I can go and give my landlords my apartment keys, take a load of stuff the Value Village and then be DONE with it all. Slogan for the day: UP WITH SLEEP! DOWN WITH MOVING!!

1 comment:

*M* said...

booo to not enough sleep. don't people understand that we need our beauty sleep. gosh! congrats on getting everything done:) now enjoy your last hours in pg.