Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Adventures!

I had an adventure today. After lunch, I left my house to go to Wal-mart. As I pulled away from the curb I remembered that the gas guage was looking a little low, so I decided I'd swing by a gas station and put in a 20 just to top it off. About a block away from home the car started puttering everytime I put my foot on the gas. Sure enough, it stopped a couple of blocks later. I then remembered a couple of years ago Brad telling me when he first got the car that the tank is actually empty before it hits the big E. I started chanting "please go, please go, please go" as I sat at the intersection trying to get the car started again. I did get it going again but realized it was about to stop for good and that I'd be really really hooped if that happened, so I pulled over.
I called Chris because I knew he was off work and hoped he'd be able to come and take me to a gas station to get a jerrycan and enough gas to get me to a gas station. He had just dropped his car off for an oil change and would be without wheels until close to 5. He was actually hoping someone could come and get him from the Mall. I called Alexis at work then and she said she'd come and get me. the plan was to take one of the station cruisers, but she showed up with Jeff in his car. I remembered both cruisers were gone today, she hadn't driven to work, and apparently Donovan's car was almost out of gas too! They took me to the Co-op (not before Alexis pointed and laughed at me upon Dono's request) where I borrowed a jerrycan, filled it up and then Jeff and Alexis took me back to my car where I used a jerrycan for the first time.
The best part of this whole situation? The truly ironic part? I was forced to pull over right in front of the CAA; would have been really convenient if I were a member!

1 comment:

Martens said...

I'm not going to lie, I laughed a nervous laugh when you told me what happened. Nervous, because I was afraid I was going to go to jail after I started punching random people for being in that mall so long!