Pages

Monday, November 05, 2007

This is Soooo Not Cool

I have a bone to pick.
Daylight savings time.
When I lived in BC, it was irritating every fall when the time change made me lose an hour of sleep, made even harsher when combined with the fact I was usually just getting back into the swing of going to school after a summer vacation (that wouldn't apply this year with the late arrival of the time change). Ever spring it would make me feel like I was getting an extra hour of sleep when, in fact, I would not because I'd just stay up later because I figured I could.
Now that I'm living in Saskatchewan, I think I hate it even more. Saskatchewan doesn't play along with DST. There are only two cities who do. I like that we don't change our clocks at all. It's nice to have the consistancy that comes with always knowing what time it is and knowing that if I get less sleep than normal it's my fault and not the clock's. My family and dearest friends still live in BC, and now they happen to be two hours behind me. So when I want to call Mare for our weekly phone date I'll have to call her at 8 my time (as per normal), but it will only be 6 for her. That's not a terribly convenient time to have a long phone call. Why not push it back an hour? Because I have to be in bed by 9:30 (7:30 Pacific) if I want to be able to function on Wednesday. Furthermore, Brad and I always watch House on Tuesdays (it's a thing we started while living long distance), and NOW it won't be on until 8....which is the time I call Mare. So, basically, I'm irate with DST for the simple fact that it inconveniences me. Hahaha. And obviously I am at the centre of the universe here and should be obliged.
That is all.

3 comments:

*M* said...

I am also IRATE! how dare they interfere with our phone dates???

Anonymous said...

Hey there! SO i am back on blogger i have been off for several months because i couldnt remember my password, and had trouble getting it again but I have solved the problem tonight! With minimal hassle hehe YAY Sorry about not having a time change... but look on the bright side I had to work a 12 hour shift Saturday overnight because of it :( YAY back on blogger ok bye for now

Anonymous said...

In the fall you gain an hour of sleep though...