Pages

Friday, November 09, 2007

THAT time of year...

You know the one I'm talking about. The one that is often blanketed in snow...decorated with lights and ornaments, and overseen by a large man in a red suit. That's right, the retail world is being overtaken by Christmas paraphrenalia. It's time, apparently.
Every year I hear the same thing: "It seems to come earlier every year!" I don't think that's necessarily the case though. I think last year it started to tip-toe in just before Remembrance Day and then storms in full-force as soon as the minute of silence has finished.
I would like to point out that as of November 9th, TWO blogs now have posts about something Christmas related (now make that three including this one here). Mare wrote about the Starbucks Mint Chocolate Latte (not that I can blame her...I'd be delighted too!), and Caroline wrote about her Christmas plans.
If Santa Claus is anything like me, he probably doesn't appreciate everyone reminding him that the days are flying by, and we're getting closer and closer to his most stressful night of the year.
But, I digress...it seems a little early to be thinking about Christmas. That being said, I am almost halfway done my shopping. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok your right the Christmas talk is probably a little premature. But it's hard to avoid when it's all around you. Anyway bad things always happen to me in November for some reason so getting excited for Christmas keeps me from worrying about something falling on my head lol