Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tag 2

I've been tagged! Soooooo...five things you might not know about me. I've done this once before, so I'm going to have to try to think of something else that you might not know about me....

Here goes!

Things you might not know about me:

I am wildly superstitious.
I won't cross on stairs: if I'm going up and someone is coming down I WON'T move until the other person is off the stairs. I believe bad things come in threes: everything from unfortunate events to big spiders...you will always see three!

I didn't get my license until I was 21.
I got my learners at 16 and then spent the next five years renewing it repeatedly. I didn't like driving. It scared me to know that I was in control of a giant piece of metal that could easily kill someone. Eventually (five years later) I got over it. Now I love driving!

Pretentious people piss me off.
This is more than a pet peeve. It's damn near a neurosis. If someone starts waxing poetic I have to restrain myself from saying something along the lines of "oh cut the crap, it's time to be real". I have yet to meet someone with romantic ideals about existentialism who can actually explain the theory. As a result, romantic ideals of any kind sound hollow and juvenile to me. I am, however, always hoping to be proved wrong. :)

I have terrible luck with hamsters.
1. Flower. Lived roughly a week. Got a tumor and died.
2. Bubbles. Lived around two months. Died unexpectedly.
3. Tickety Boo. Lived two and a half years. Died of old age.
4. Gir. Lived about 5 days. Crawled out of her nest and died of internal (and external bleeding)...ewww.

I was a fan of Pirates long before Disney came along.
My love for the swashbucklers goes back to my childhood playing the Secret of Monkey Island. If the name Guybrush Threepwood means anything to you, then I have a newfound respect for you!

There we go...I don't think I'll tag anyone. I did that once. If you feel like being tagged though, by all means, go right ahead!

No comments: