Pages

Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Tree Lighting

Last night was the lighting of the Christmas Tree in Swift. The event was at the courtyard of the Bank of Montreal. The radio station was serving hot chocolate and I had signed up to help out. I'm glad I went. It was a lot of fun, there were lots of people and everyone, while totally frozen, was in a fantastic mood! I showed off my line dancing skills (much to the delight of everyone as they now had new material to mock me with...but whatevs, I totally rocked the line dancing!). It was terribly cold out, -32 with windchill, which I know isn't the worst it gets, BUT we aren't quite used to that cold just yet. I did get to try out my new snow pants, winter jacket, and long johns. All worked very well, but my toes were terribly cold. They took a long time to thaw.
We stuck it out for just over an hour and then left and warmed ourselves with London Fogs and coffees at Urban Ground (thanks Ryan!!). It was a really nice relaxing way to end the evening. I love that feeling of wearing too many layers as you warm up after being way too cold. It's so cozy feeling. Normally I would have been roasting in my long johns, long sleeves shirt, wool sweater and snowpants, while drinking a hot beverage, but last night it was a welcome heat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That would be so much fun. Mmmm, warmness. I'm still yet to discover a London Fog in BC. Can you Fedex me one?