Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2006

a change

Being back in smithers is nice. It's relaxing, and just a little boring, which is a nice change for a while from the go go go of life everywhere else. I like not having to do anything in particular for a few days. I had an eye appointment this morning and turns out I do sort of need glasses. The Dr prescribed an "optional" prescription, which basically means I can wear glasses when I need to, for night driving or watching movies, that sort of thing. I decided to go ahead and fill the prescription, so I will be getting glasses. Guess I've done pretty well for myself, gone almost 24 years without needing any, which is something considering my mum's side of the family almost all wear glasses, and even my dad has had to get some in the past couple of years. It's funny, I always wanted them when I was younger cause they seemed like such a neat accessory, and now I actually need them. Hopefully I'll like wearing them and it won't become a frustration.
So far during the visit (which has only been just over 24 hours), I haven't seen anyone I want to avoid yet; no Shawn, no Chris, no other awkwark moments...just peace...though there is always the concern that I will run into someone by accident and it will be uncomfortable, but alas, I think that's just something that needs to be dealt with.

1 comment:

*M* said...

whistle at the cutie in her glasses! damn i have a hot roomie. glad to hear u aren't seeing anyone u don't want to. miss u