Pages

Friday, June 16, 2006

I was sitting, waiting, wishing...

I've been contemplating a lot today. Things are changing again and I'm in the position where all I can really do is wait. You'd think after this long I'd be used to waiting to see what happens, but no matter what it always seems to irk me a little bit...I'm not good with feeling like I don't have control over a situation. So I'm sitting, stewing over what to do...waiting on basically every scale possible..from the day to day stuff to the grandeous "where is my life headed" stuff.

The situation:
-applied for a job...not sure if I'm going to get it...waiting
-like my job now, but I don't think I want to stay with news...so I'll have to apply elsewhere...waiting
-not sure if the living arrangements I'm in right now will continue...waiting
-haven't got a clue where I could go...waiting
-brad and I live in different province's indefinately...waiting
-brad is coming to visit in July...waiting
-my car needs a new waterpump but can't get that done until monday at the latest...waiting
-going to Smithers on Wednesday...waiting.
-bored right now and want it to be tomorrow...waiting

I know, most of that is silly stuff that's not a big deal at all, but it's one of those times where I feel overwhelmed by the big things, so the small things stand out because they will be taken care of sooner and easier. Afterall, if I kill enough time, it will be tomorrow, and then the next day and the next and before I know it, it will be monday and I'll be able to do something about my car, and it will be wednesday and I'll be going to Smithers.
It's the longer waits that drive me nuts. But I guess that's about all I can do right now.
that and try not to think about it.

No comments: