Pages

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

trip down memory lane

I stopped by the station in Rosetown today to say hello to the crew. Rox gave me a big hug and begged me to stay, Norma gave me a big hug too and we chatted for a while. I met the newest Irritating New Guy, and had some awkward small talk with the original Irritating New Guy. He asked me how Big Dog was doing as PD and I said he was doing really well, which is true. I didn't mention that Brad doesn't remember him at all, even though I really wanted to. I really don't know if Darrin ever actually knew Brad or if he's just making things up like he has before. Didn't want to get into it to be honest.
Rox and I are going to go to K-rock tomorrow to see Barkley, have some McD's and do a little shopping perhaps. It's going to be a good time. I was going to go today, but when I started driving Brad's car the breaks weren't all that good and I don't think I really trust my driving abilities to be able to handle a car with slow breaks. So Rox will drive tomorrow and we'll meet Barkley and Jamie for lunch. I'm looking forward to it. Rox and I always have a laugh together.
I asked her to let me do a newscast this morning, she laughed and said that Tia would flip out, which is probably true.
So I guess today I'll do a little laundry, make dinner, maybe vaccuum and get my stuff a little more organized so I won't have to worry about it on wednesday and Brad and I can just enjoy our night together.
It's going to be very difficult to leave again. Not looking forward to that at all. I know it will only be about a month until I see him again, but it's still going to be awful to have to leave. I hate goodbye/see-you-soons. Especially when the person I'm saying goodbye to is so important to me. But we're making it so far...and I know we'll keep on doing what we;re doing and survive it. I just miss him so much when I'm gone.

No comments: