Pages

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ramblings from the land where the deer and the antelope play

I've been in Saskatchewan for five days and some. We've talked about everything and Brad has been so supportive. I know where he stands and I know he's behind me. It's a wonderful feeling to know someone has your back. To feel like he'll be there to catch me if things to go pot. There are only two more days left...then it's back to Prince George. A place that seems so foreign right now. I know I'll fall back into routine when I get there, but it seems so distant right now. Life here is slower; longer days spent trying to find something to do. It's familiar. It seems like I never left, like I haven't been living back in BC for four months. Only four months. Seems like years sometimes. I guess in a way it has been years; so close to home, to everything I grew up with. But it's a weird sense of home for me.
I feel transient again, stuck in a limbo of sorts waiting for something to pan out one way or another. I've never really had to work for an opportunity before. When I graduated I got a job, which led to another and another. I spent time at Interior until I was sick of it, and another job fell into my lap. Then I decided to apply to BCIT on a whim really, and made it without a lot of trouble. I graduated and was offered a job, which I turned down and moved. Getting my job at 1330 was the first time I've ever had to really try for something, which seems stupid really. Then the job in PG fell into my lap once again.
But now what? I've applied for the on-air job at the X, but if that doesn't happen, what then? Do I actively try to find on-air somewhere else? Do I stick with news? Do I move into something else? Where do I go? It's like I'm faced with a hundred doors and windows and can't figure out which one will be best to go through...and if I take one, then the other 99 will close and I'll have to go with my choice, no matter what.
On a side note, wedding season progresses with avid and unshakable determination. It's spread to all movies I watch. Last night we rented "date movie" as stupid-don't-have-to-think entertainment. Sure enough, though stupid and anti-thought-provoking, the theme was centred around a wedding. Then, tonight, Nanny McPhee (which was wonderful, by the way), and it ends with a terribly romantic wedding. It's unescapable, unavoidable. The moral of the story? Don't talk to me about weddings/engagements/marriages between May and October. After October I may give you a non-exasperated comment...before that, you can fully expect a very fake "ohhhh, isn't that lovely".

No comments: