Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2006

7 hours on a train...

that's right, it took 7 hours to get to Smithers from Prince George on the train today. We didn't even leave PG until close to 8:30, at which point the train had been boarded for at least 30 minutes. Apparently we got stuck behind a freight train just outside of Burns Lake and that was that. I was a whole hour late. Oh well. I slept until just before BL and then after that talked with the very nice lady sitting next to me. It was one of those pleasant conversations that didn't seem forced, and wasn't awkward when there was nothing to talk about. And the guy who was in charge of the passengers and the snack car was a very friendly cheerful french boy. He made the trip a lot better just by being so cheerful. But, the bottom line is that I'm here, train is a MUCH more civilized way to travel than going by bus, I'm now in the middle of doing my laundry, and I'm going out tonight. Whoop Whoop! Merry Merry!

1 comment:

Heather K. said...

Happy to hear it was a pleasant ride! 7 hours though....all I can think of is Europe. I guess if travelling by train is much more civilised...then Europeans must be more civilsed?! Makes sense non? Have a wonderul time in Smithers. I hope you don't have any *awkward* run ins with *anyone*. Love you! Give Gus Gus a big smooch from me and Ozzy.