Pages

Monday, December 25, 2006

Trimming the Tree

I decorated the Christmas tree today. For many years now it's been my duty to decorate the tree. Sometimes Mum will come and help with the final bobbles. We switched to a fake tree a few years ago and a small part of me misses having a real tree, but then again, it was so frustrating getting prickled by the needles all the time, and getting sap on my fingers and trying not to break a branch putting ornaments on. Now I just move the branches around to fill in the gaps. So, just like always, I decorated the tree. I put the little Santa Claus ornament on at the very end, as is also tradition...I think I started that tradition, but it just seems wrong now to do anything else. Santa goes on last. Period. (I do always wonder just why it's called "trimming" the tree...?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I swear to you we had the same santa ornament!!!! But I think he fell apart cause it was so old and had to be discarded a few years ago. very sad.....