Pages

Sunday, December 24, 2006

the Good the Bad and the Meh.

Well, we went out. Denise, Randy and I went to the Lodge for drinks and then off to the Twin. It was really quite busy, which is both good and bad. I had an interesting time. It seemed like the place was packed with people from my grad class, many of whom I haven't seen in years...something I was perfectly alright with. The good part about it was that most people didn't recognize me at all so there were no awkward moments of "hiiiii...so.....how are you anyway?" (which really is their way of saying "I guess I should say hi to you even though we NEVER spoke in high school because I was a snot-nosed bitch/and or jackass jock and I'm a big loser now and you're obviously way too good for me"...or something like that. HA!). Funny how having longish hair makes a person look so totally different that no one knows them anymore. Anyway, it was still awkward to have to see these people who I really don't care to remember. I haven't seen so many of good ole class of 2000 since....um...well...I guess sometime around 2000. So that was the bad part, but at least I felt like I looked pretty good. The good was dancing with Denise, and seeing everyone from the Twin, and actually having a platonic guy friend to dance with for a change (fellow formor twin employee, Jason...um...from Stewart....don't actually know his last name...and I don't know that I ever did). I saw my good buddy Ian for the first time in a couple of years at the very end of the night. And then we got a cab ride home afterwards. Furthermore, I didn't drink much, so I should be in the clear for tomorrow, and all my drinks were taken care of for me...which was also nice. Also, it's ALWAYS fun when my brother's friends check me out and then I get to see the sudden look of panic go across their faces when they realize I'm their friend's little sister. HA!

2 comments:

*M* said...

You look smokin! grrrr;) I too love my brother's friends checkin me out and then realising who i am. What a good time!

Anonymous said...

Good times at the Twin, eh Princess Jessica?