Pages

Monday, December 18, 2006

It Figures, doesn't it?

It was one of those murphy's law moments. Heather and I hit the gym after work (go us!) and I came home afterwards to have a quick supper and talk to Brad. Then I had plans to go to Heather's to watch The Devil Wears Prada. Seeing as I had just come home from the gym and hadn't showered (or even intended to), I decided to just put on a little deoderant, a hoodie, put the hair in a ponytail (which was massively frizzy due to a little relaxing in the steam room at the Y after our workout) and my pajama bottoms. Let me paint a picture of these pants for you: they are about 12 sizes too big, pale green flannel with little purple flowers all over them...the crotch hangs roughly halfway down my thighs and they have an elasticized/drawstring waist. I love these pants, they are terribly comfortable. I also put on my jacket (which looks way too small when I wear it over my BCIT hoodie), and my snowboots. Of course, not wanting to get my pajama pants wet, I tucked them into said boots. Now, under any circumstances (other than deathly illness) I would say there is no excuse for being dressed like this in public. But, seeing as I was going to watch a movie, I knew Heather wouldn't care. Furthermore, it's completely dark out, I was going to drive to her place, and really, what are the chances of anyone seeing me during the trek from my apartment to my car (parked directly out front because I knew I would going back out) and then from my car to Heather's apartment? Really, what are the chances? Very very slim. So imagine my surprise and delight when I left the apartment only to be approached by, (whoelse?) a police officer. Yup, a mountie, who, not only saw me in my dreadful state, but needed to ask me for assistance. He needed me to let him into the apartment building because no one was answering the buzzer. I couldn't even hide in the cloak of darkness, no, I had to go right back to the front entrance in the ever so flattering flourescent lights and then stand there and explain that there were in fact two different people managing the building and maybe he should try 201 first.
Yup. What are the chances? Well, if you're me, dressed like an escaped mental patient from PGRH trying to sneak into the dark to go to a friend's to watch a movie, I'd say those chances are pretty good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's classic. It could only get better if your nose was dripping and you meekly answered with "i lost my mittens" while they're attached to your jacket.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like one sexy look... thats about how i was dressed minus the jacket when the maintenance man showed up to change my lock this morning... I was like hang on a minite before I even opened the door lol I had to make sure I was at least wearing a bra LOL