Pages

Monday, December 11, 2006

When shit hits the fan...I'm your go-to girl

Today the power went off at the station. Yup. I was up to my elbows in files and all of a sudden...no power. It was at that moment that I realized the downfall of my career choice: we have to be there when shit hits the fan. Natural disasters? We're the ones people turn to. Power outages? Yup, us too. Most people, when faced with workplace with no electricity would be allowed to go home, but nope, we in the media are expected to stick around and field calls and get in touch with the people who "know" this stuff.

2 comments:

*M* said...

I can't imagine what I would have done. Kudos for not going home. That would have been my first choice!

Anonymous said...

Wow that's awful, I assume there was no backup power to keep the station on the air? What caused the outage? How long was it out?