Pages

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Stupid F-ing winter!

I got up nice and early this morning so I could go in and learn how to do the morning show with Bill. I was up at 4:45, went and had my shower, did my hair, got dressed, got my coffee, grabbed stuff for lunch, and even grabbed my gym bag for after work. I was out the door at 5:30, just enough time to warm up my car and drive into work to be there for 6. Well, that was the plan anyway. (side note: I'll bet if you read the story about my tires being stolen you think you know where this is going! ha!) I got out to my car and unlocked it. Then I had to hip-check my door to break the ice and get it to open. So I hopped in, and turned the key, hoping it would start. I didn't plug it in last night because it was only supposed to get to -5 or so, and there's really not much point. Success! It started, if not a little grudgingly, but it started and that was the main thing. I got to work scraping off the ice from the windows and all of a sudden it stopped. My car just stopped running. I climbed back in to make sure it actually had stopped and not just started idling differently, and sure enough, it stopped. So I tried the ingnition again and again to no avail. I went back into my apartment and turned on the outlet outside for the block heater and plugged it in and that brings me to now...an hour later, hoping against hope that it will start. Cause if it doesn't...well, I might cry. And I'm at the point now, where everything that goes wrong makes me more and more fed up with Prince George, it doesn't matter whether the thing that went wrong has anything to do with the city, it's all a tick against it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally feel for ya hun, I did many of those 4 am, scarping the ice off my car in prince george. I hope you got your car started. I did the network mornings for like 8 months. I remember one day not long after i moved to PG we had a massive crazy ass snow storm ( i was living in college heights then.) I was driving on Massey where it gets all windy. Suddenly the two lanes disapeared into one lane because snow was piled so high it covered the other lane with no warning!! No cones nothing. Luckily there were no other cars around cause I just totally bounced off the snow bank and spun 90 degrees! I was able to keep going and got to work! Dedicated reporters that we are :)