Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Au Pied

It's the wrong season, but I've started walking to work. The weather is still nice and fairly mild, but I say the "wrong season" because it is getting colder with each morning, and soon there will be snow and a full-fledged Saskatchewan winter with biting wind which will make it miserable for walking. I'm making an assumption here, but I figure it's a safe bet. What I'll do then is not entirely certain yet. I might buck up and keep walking, or I might balk at the risk of frostbite and start driving again.
For the time being, however, I'm walking to and from work.
Yesterday I put on my music and walked to Ashley's place across town. It was a beautiful day; so warm I didn't need a jacket at all, and found myself too warm in my long sleeved shirt. The walk home was a little more brisk, but it was beautiful, nonetheless.
There is no denying the city is prepared for winter. The trees are totally bare, the leaves have been collected and removed, and everything has adopted that rich colouring of fall that eventually fades into the greys and whites of winter.
Every morning I get up and get dressed for my chilly walk and hope for one more week of nice weather.

No comments: