Pages

Monday, October 08, 2007

My Little Buddy's Birthday

September 28th was Leighton's 2nd Birthday. All smiles, Ashley's little guy seemed to be fully enjoying the day (even though whether he understood what it means is not necessarily certain). I brought him a birthday prezzie which he found sitting on the coffee table in the living room. It was all wrapped up in bright yellow paper with a big bow on top and he just stared at it. Then he moved it around on the table and finally lost interest. Ha! No idea there was something inside, so I helped him get the wrapping paper off of one corner, revealing the side of the box, at which point he got a giant smile on his face and yelled "a box!!" It truly seemed he couldn't have been happier! But I encouraged him to shred the paper until it showed the Mickey Mouse car inside (the little guy is obsessed with cars). He was delighted with the toy and waited fairly patiently while I undid about a thousand twist-ties and freed the toy from it's package. For the rest of the afternoon that bright red convertible was not far from his hands. I was just happy that he liked it (though, it wasn't a hard guess as he had been staring at it in Wal-Mar the day before).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One word. Awwwwwwwwwwwww.

*M* said...

I agree, he's so freakin cute! More pics of him pleeeeeeeease!!!