Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fashion Sense: Optional

This morning I went to the official opening of the new Canadian Tire building in Swift. The store is fantastic, huge, well lit and inspires shopping (says the shopping addict!). The store opened their doors at 8 and the first two customers (who had been waiting outside and were obviously a couple) entered. Now, I try not to judge based on appearances, so I'll let you make your own decisions. The fellow was wearing...well...these pants. Ok, I'll try to explain them (though there's no way I can truly get the full impact of the pants across using only the English language).
Do you remember those pants that were really popular in the 80s? Elastic waist, tapered leg, usually made of some wild loud cotton fabric? (Zebra print, or bold patterns come to mind) I think they were called Zulu pants. Now, I want you to take that image. Got it? Now make the pants just a touch too small (not as baggy as was the fashion), change the color to cream with a small black lined pattern all over. Now...for the final touch...they were made of a shiny satiny fabric. You know the stuff they make pretty lady's blouses out of? That's the stuff.
I honestly can't even begin to imagine WHERE pants like that could be purchased! I think he was wearing some sort of equally incredible sweater, (that's what Jenna told me anyway) but I couldn't pull my eyes away from the shiny pants. But like I said; no judgement....just utter amazement, really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps they were phenomenally comfortable and when you're shopping at 'the tar' what could be more important? Or perhaps they were his best duds, after all he was waiting to be the first to enter the new store. Or perhaps he is a rock star incognito. Anyway, kudos for dancing to your own tune.

*M* said...

pleeeease tell me u took a picture and ditched the original interview and talked to this guy?