Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Reliable Life

A while ago I was having trouble making a decision in my life. I went to a good friend of mine; someone who's opinion I value and respect.
She asked me a simple question: "Has your life ever let you down?"
I must have looked confused because she elaborated. "Think about it. When things are looking really bad or you're completely unsure of what to do in a situation, even if you make the wrong choice, has your life ever let you down?"
I thought about it long and hard and realized that, one way or another, whether it was through the help of those around me (which was more often than not) or just some unexpected turn of events, my life has never let me down. I've made bad choices and done stupid things, and I've been terribly unhappy at times, but things always turn out alright.
My advice? Put some faith in your life.

No comments: