Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Owie!!!

So, like a good responsible adult, I went and got my flu shot today. I've got it every year for the past several years and so far so good. Like they say in the handout, my arm hurts every time. I remember a dull ache; nothing terrible, mostly just like a muscle that's been overused. Today though, my arm caused me terrible discomfort. It ached from my shoulder down to my wrist and hurt so bad I didn't want to do anything but leave it stationary. A couple of hours later though, and the pain has decreased to a dull ache once again.
The sore arm bit sucks big time, but the benefits far outweigh the temporary discomfort in my eyes...and in my line of work. I simply can't afford to be off work for 2-7 days with a fever! Plus I can't afford to get it and give it to Brad (who is also immunized every year, but they aren't a 100% guarantee you won't get it). It just seems reasonable to roll up my sleeve and moan and whine for a while about my arm hurting. Maybe I can get some cheesecake out of this deal...hmmm....genius...

(side note: some people DO have bad side effects from the flu shot and I'm not a doctor, so I'm not advising anyone get it...check it out if you're interested.)

2 comments:

*M* said...

Good to hear u did get some cheesecake for your suffering! I would have spoon fed you, I promise:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Marianne! You are a good and understanding friend. Lucky Jess.