Pages

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Nametags

I wish everyone had a name tag. Not a "Hi, my name is Jim", but a "Hi, I'm kind of a jackass". Granted, then the problems of catagorizing and stereotyping would be in the forefront, but think of all the time we could save! Imagine, knowing before you even have to spend an ounce of time talking to a person that they are emotionally manipulative! Or on the flip side, think how wonderful it would be to be able to shake someone's hand and know that you're meeting "a decent person who loves stimulating conversation". Sure we'd be missing out on experiences, but really, who wants to waste time with people who pretend to be someone else? Who wants to invest hours and waste valuable thoughts on someone who will just turn out to be the exact oposite of what they claim? It could be very useful in the hiring process as well. I'd be far more interested in employing "interesting person with strong moral fibre" than "self centered cry baby", rather than having to interview someone and turn on the bullsh*t-o-meter and attempt to see through some really good liars.
It happens inevitably anyway; everyone is put into a box, and the general public learns about the real nature of people in the end. This plan would just save time. If people weren't so hesitant to influence the thoughts of other people, we'd all have a lot more time.

12 comments:

Martens said...

"Hello, my name is the Lord-reincarnate." Sweet

*M* said...

I believe when we first met, mine should have said:
Hello, My name is Roomate of Justice/I heart cheese/Will fight you to do the dishes and clean the bathroon!
Sigh, I miss those days.

Anonymous said...

So what would your name tag say?

Darwin Gooding said...

Hello, I like stuff.

It's Me! said...

I don't think we could pick our own tags...it's all about what the masses think.

Anonymous said...

How do you tink the masses see you?

It's Me! said...

That's a good question...It's impossible to know for the most part, but I would hope the masses see me as off-beat sense of humour but reasonable and caring.
And you?

Darwin Gooding said...

I think he'd be, Hi I'm Anonymous!

Anonymous said...

"Hello, I am someone who can't sum up their life in the space of a nametag. Sorry if that makes it difficult for you to judge me"

It's Me! said...

Interestingly enough, your vagueness is not what makes it easy to judge you; your abruptness, anonymity and abrasive comments accomplish that nicely. Though, also interesting, I'm withholding judgement, as I don't know you beyond your arrogant comments.

My question to you is why do you judge me when you don't know me? Or if you do know me, then why won't you tell me who you are? What's the big secret? Furthermore, if you have nothing but heckling comments to make, why do you bother reading my blog?

Anonymous said...

I'm not judging you.

It's Me! said...

Leaving rude and accusatory comments on my blog behind an anonymous tag certainly gives the impression of judgement. Honestly though, you can think whatever you like of me. It bears no weight.

I'm finished with this silliness.