Pages

Friday, October 05, 2007

Ode to SiteMeter! (and a poor attempts at being helpful)

A new application added to my blog has increased my stalker abilities, not to mention my sleuthing talents 10-fold! Sure enough, the simple tool called SiteMeter.com has become another internet addiction. And why not? Suddenly having the ability to see who is reading my blog is captivating (not to mention a little bit of an ego boost).
It's also intriguing, in that there seem to be a number of people reading from places that I'm certain I don't know anyone from. It makes me wonder how these people found this page.
One in particular, a reader from Honolulu, caught my attention and made me wonder how this person could possibly have come to this blog. Luckily, sitemeter has a feature that shows the referral page. Most often the page they came from is another of the blogs I link to who also have a link to me, but in this case, the Hawaiian reader did a google search. The words entered into the search that turned up my blog: DEAR GOD WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MY LIFE?
Just a little distressing, to say the least. What's even more distressing, however, is that it brought up the archived page in which I talk about the movie Tim (staring a 23 year old speedo clad Mel Gibson). Not exactly an inspirational entry (not that I have any of those at any other time, but well...this was particularly fluffy...even for me!) The key words "What am I supposed to do with" came in the title of my blog and "dear god" was what I said in reference to Mel's skimpy attire. How embarrassing! But interesting, nonetheless to see what kinds of word combinations will lead where.
Anyway, to this reader from Honolulu, (who I don't think will ask for a subscription), I wish I had something helpful to say...but unfortunately it's one of those things that just has to unfold as time goes. I tend to put a lot of faith in fate, and that things will present themselves when they are meant to, and forcing things isn't necessary. I doubt that's terribly inspiring, and if you're feeling the way I assume you must be, it probably isn't very helpful either, but, well, if there's one thing I've learned, life happens the way it's supposed to. Your life won't let you down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think there are probably people staring down death who would like the option of asking that question. So if God hasn't gotten back to you on that yet how about this for the time being. Have some. Fun, pain, chocolate, fear, love, coffee, courage, toast, whatever. The list is as infinite and varied as the people who have asked the question. And don't hold your breath waiting for God to tell. Remember the "mysterious ways" thing.