Pages

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Is it bad that it's already looking like one of THOSE days?

Being the industrious little squirrel that I am, last night I set the few remaining dirty dishes from Brad's visit into the sink to soak overnight. A time saving measure...soaking=less scrubbing. Apparently, however, my tap has a leak.
I stumbled out of bed this morning, turned on the radio as I always do, and went to the kitchen to turn on my coffee maker....and thought, "What the hell, my foot is wet...why is the floor wet?" Because my sink had apparently overflowed throughout the night due to the constant drip of water. With a less than mental groan, I went to the closet and got my mop and set to the task of mopping up the lake in my kitchen. Apparently my kitchen floor has a slope to it too because the water had seeped under the fridge. So there I was, in my ginch and bra, moving my fridge at 7:35 this morning wondering just who was laughing at the irony of the situation (in trying to be clean and save time I ended up losing even more time than it would have taken to just scrub the dishes in the first place).
And, for some reason, the part that bothered me the most about the whole experience, was that when I went into the bathroom to finally have my shower, I looked in the mirror and saw that I looked tired, rumbled, with greasy hair sticking in every direction...generally pretty crappy indeed, and I thought to myself "why, if I have to do something as awful as move my fridge to mop up water at 7:30 in the morning, can I not at least look hot while I do it?"

2 comments:

*M* said...

come on now, i have seen you first thing in the morning, and i know you would have looked hot moving that fridge. you always looked like u could go straight to work, even after a night out. me on the other hand...i saw your looks of horror at me in the morning! and don't worry, i avoid a mirror til i'm out of the shower:)

Heather K. said...

Awww that SUCKS!! You looked hot when I pictured you cleaning your floor. And you looked great in your new shirt when you came into work today! Wow....what a shitty start to the day! What next? You've already had your tires stolen...now a flood....hopefully karma will take a good turn your way!