Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Think that scene in The Wizard of Oz where the tornado takes the whole house...that's what it felt like

Prince George was damned close to blowing away last night, or at least that's what it seemed like. For several hours I was pretty sure I was back in Saskatchewan. Winds gusting up to 90 kilometers/hour...pretty decent. Brad and I were watching house and the lights started to flicker...I was getting ready to have to bust out my candles. Unfortunately I have a very meager supply of candles at the moment. Luckily, BC Hydro* prevailed and the power did NOT go out...well, for me anyway. Apparently about 6000 people in the city were without electricity until around 4 this morning, but I must say, kudos to Hydro crews for getting things up and running so damn quick! That's impressive really.


(*For those outside of BC, BC Hydro is our electricity company, so-named because our power comes from generators hooked up to dams: water power, ie hydro)

1 comment:

pilgrimchick said...

Wow--we had some bad wind/rain lately, but nothing to this degree. However, when the snow does start, it will park itself right over us and pull all of the ocean water into itself to continue that process in a seemingly neverending fashion--something I am not looking forward to.