Pages

Sunday, November 26, 2006

no undies + no coins = laundry in the sink

that's right. out of ginch and out of socks, and I didn't have any coins for the washing machines downstairs, so I washed all my ginch and socks in the kitchen sink. It's not like I couldn't have got quarters, but the machines only take OLD quarters, as in, before 2000. Anything newer just gets spit out, so it's ridiculously difficult to get enough quarters to do a load of laundry. I hate the machines. I need to figure out something different to do here because laundry in the sink...well, it's not a lot of fun. Though I did save close to 2 bucks....so maybe it's got its perks...hmmm...aside from the wrinkly fingers I now suffer from....

2 comments:

*M* said...

awww i hate doing laundry for the sole reason of stupid quarters! boooo. at least u have clean underwear:)

Anonymous said...

I hate laundry too, but I have also done them in the sink before to avoid having to use a machine. Quarters are a pain! We have these cards in our building that you put cash on. This is also a pain because you can only put bills in the machine that puts cash on your laundry card. So the minimum is 5$ and if you only have a 20 it doesn't give change... so then you have to buy something to get a smaller bill. Argh! I can't wait to own my own machines!