Pages

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Level of Normalcy...well, we'll give it a 7.5 out of 10...but that's better than it was!

It only took a week and a half...or, I suppose, 10 days, but things have returned to some semblance of normalcy in the newsroom. We have a news program running with which we can compile and read casts (an itsy-bitsy, teeny-tiny, but ever so crucial detail). Yesterday afternoon, for the first time since Friday the 20th, I was able to read a newscast from the computer in the newsbooth and use clips as frequently as I cared to. I was not ashamed to grab the arms of coworkers who walked past the newsbooth and point joyously to the computer declaring (with an emotion edging on hysteria) that we now had, not only a server, but the program Newsroom up and running. Several smiled at me and made comments to the effect of "I think this is the first time I've seen you smile in over a week!" And, I say, no wonder!

No comments: