Pages

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

je suis malade

I guess it was bound to happen. Things have been so stressful at work, and I haven't been sleeping well at nights, so it was really no surprise when I started to feel really crummy yesterday at work. I started on the Cold-fx yesterday afternoon but by 8 last night I felt like shit. Sore throat, exhausted, achey and my skin hurt. I went to bed early too...just after 10. But by 4 this morning I woke up fully fevered. I think the fever broke around 5. I guess I somehow dozed off again but work up at 7, just in time to call Bill. I felt so stupid calling...it's Wil's day off, so I really couldn't take the day off...but I also knew I would probably pass out in the shower if I had to get up and go to work at 9. So I called and said "I have an absurd question" and asked if I could come in after lunch. He said that was fine. So I slept until 11, got up, forcefed myself some pasta and cereal bars and a little bit of coffee, had a shower, got dressed and went into work. I hate being here and risking making everyone else sick, but there really isn't any other choice. We're totally stuck. This is what happens when a company is totally understaffed. I must give shout-outs to Pope and Whitey who both generously donated their packages of Cold-fx to me...which I think are working a little. If nothing else, just as a boost to the immune system to keep me from getting worse. So, here I am at work, feeling like poo, wishing I could be home, with an array of vitamins, pills, advil, water, and tea spread around me. And seriously, when I tell my mum, she's going to be right pissed off at the station for putting us in a situation where we're so understaffed that someone with the flu can't take a day off.

1 comment:

*M* said...

please add pegs genova to the list of those pissed off that u have to work today. this is their issue right here. when someone can't take time off because they have the flu...there are serious problems. russell should have had to fill in! take care of yourself and get some chicken soup.