Pages

Saturday, November 18, 2006

UFC 65: Bad Intentions

Tonight is Brad's last night here. We went to the BX to watch the UFC fights (ps. Georges St. Pierre KO'd Matt Hughes...SNAP!!!), which was a lot of fun. I'll be the first to admit I don't know a lot about the sport, especially the technique, but I really love watching it. Whenever people find that out about me then tend to look at me with a look that says "you just like it because Brad does" and I'll admit, I only started watching it because he did, and it's really not the sort of thing I would have thought I would approve of, much less appreciate, but I do. It's extremely impressive how physically prime these guys are! And you can really tell the guys all respect each other...there's very little trash talk, it's more about getting into the best form you can and doing the absolute best you can physically, not trying to psyche out your opponent. It's pretty exciting too...Seriously, I challenge you to go to a bar where the UFC fights are playing and watch the whole event and not get a little swept up in the thrill.

(*ps, for girls who think it's a boy-thing to watch...think about it this way: totally ripped, sweaty men in their ginch...nuff said)

No comments: